Freedom has extensive experience in providing pre existing medical condition travel insurance. We happily work with affinity groups within the medical sector and over 100 NHS Trust Hospitals. We aim to provide you with the security and peace of mind, allowing you and your travelling companions to relax, unwind and really enjoy your holiday in the knowledge that you are covered by comprehensive travel insurance with full medical cover.
Travel advice by country. Check if it's advisable to travel to certain areas of the world.
To apply for and view information about the European Health Insurance Card EHIC and check any vaccinations you may require.
WHAT'S THE POINT OF TRAVEL INSURANCE?
- Security and Peace of Mind
- 24 hour medical advice and assistance - when you need it.
It protects you, subjects to policy terms and conditions from loss in the event of:
- Cancellation & Curtailment
- Medical Expenses & Repatriation
- Personal Accident
- Personal Liability
- Personal Money
- Personal Effects
- Legal Expenses
- Travel Delay
- Delayed Baggage
WHEN TO PURCHASE TRAVEL INSURANCE
- We advise you check that it is possible to obtain full travel insurance for the area of the world, to which you intend to travel, before arranging a holiday.
- Travel insurance should be purchased as soon as a significant amount of money has been paid towards a holiday. The insurance, subject to policy terms and conditions, will protect your financial investment should you need to cancel.
- Freedom Insurance takes a 'snap shot' of an applicant's current health status. Insurance is sold up to 183 days before departure (unless agreed otherwise.) If you have booked a holiday in advance of this time period, we advise you refrain from paying the full balance until you can obtain full travel insurance. This way you will have a smaller amount of money at risk.
WHY HAVE YOUR PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS COVERED?
- Medical costs abroad can be very expensive. Without insuring your pre-existing conditions anything arising directly or indirectly from a pre-existing condition will not be covered and you could be seriously out of pocket.
- By covering your pre-existing medical condition(s), should you become unwell before departure date and need to cancel your holiday, you will be able to recover your financial losses within the policy terms and conditions.
- In the event of your pre-existing condition(s) resulting in the need for repatriation, providing you have adequate travel insurance you will be brought home and protected from financial loss.
All the above will apply to any travelling companions also insured on the same travel insurance policy.
WHAT TO BE AWARE OF
- EHIC. European Health Insurance Card
Will cover state provided medical treatment only and you will be treated on the same basis as an 'insured' person living in the country you're visiting. The EHIC will not necessarily cover cost of your treatment and never covers the cost of repatriation. Be sure to show your EHIC before you receive treatment, otherwise you may be treated as a private patient. It's recommended that you never rely on an EHIC alone and that you fully protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
- Spain, Cyprus and the Canary Islands
Operate a high level of private health care. European Health Cards are often ineffective.
- USA, Canada and the Caribbean
- Travel insurance is obtainable for these areas, be aware however, it can sometimes be difficult and often costly to obtain travel insurance to cover pre-existing medical conditions. Medical expenses and repatriation can be very expensive.
- Insurance companies cannot cover clients with an undiagnosed condition, who are under investigation, awaiting surgery or receiving in-patient treatment.
- The duty of disclosure falls upon the policy holder. Failing to disclose material facts may invalidate the policy.
- Never travel against medical advice as any medical claim made will always be referred back to your doctor.
- Travelling companions insured with different insurers may not be covered for their companions pre-existing medical condition(s). It is recommended that all travellers are insured on the same travel insurance policy.