Policy benefits include
Freedoms policies are designed to include cover for declared pre-existing medical conditions and will protect you, subject to policy terms and conditions, in the event of:
- Cancellation & Curtailment - Up to £3,000
- Medical Expenses & Repatriation - Up to £5,000,000
- Replacement of Lost Medication - Up to £250
- Personal Effects - Up to £1,500
- Personal Money - Up to £500
- Single Article limit - £250
- Personal Accident - Up to £15,000
- Personal Liability - Up to £2,000,000
- Travel Delay - Up to £100
- Policy Excess - £75
24 Hour Medical Assistance - Anytime, Anywhere
*Although we will do our best to offer a travel insurance solution to every applicant, we can't guarantee a quote for every circumstance.
Travel Insurance after a Heart Attack
If you are recovering from a heart attack or recent heart surgery, providing you are deemed fit to travel by your doctor, then there is no reason why you should not take a holiday. However, the fact that you have had a heart attack will affect your travel insurance. If you have experienced difficulties in getting quotes, then look no further we’re experts!
It’s no secret that medical expenses abroad can be expensive, especially for cardiac treatment. That’s why Freedom’s heart attack travel insurance policies are designed to pay out should you have to cancel or cut short your holiday or receive emergency medical treatment abroad for anything heart related. You don’t have to worry about paying hospital bills upfront and claiming the money back later, or getting home. This will all be taken care of by our medical assistance team.
Get a Quote
If you require a heart bypass or stent, you may find it easier to get the cover you need when applying for travel insurance six weeks after the procedure has been performed.
Heart Attack Holiday Insurance Tips
- Cancellation cover kicks in from the moment you pay for your insurance; so the sooner you buy your policy, the sooner you’re protected.
- Heart attack travel insurance tends to be more expensive and sometimes difficult to obtain for the USA, Caribbean and Canada. This has a lot to do with the higher costs associated with their privatised healthcare services. Repatriation back to the UK is also very costly from these areas.
- Generally, if your heart attack occurred more than 12 months ago and your condition is stable with no further investigations or surgery planned, travel insurance premiums will decrease.
If you have a change in health or medication, Freedom will not charge you extra or change our terms. We do not operate an ongoing medical declaration.
Getting a Heart Attack Travel Insurance Quote
We want to make the process of buying travel insurance as stress free as possible and that’s why we offer two easy methods of obtaining a quote. You can either get a heart attack holiday insurance quote via our online quotation service or you can phone us on 01223 446 914. If you’re travelling with friends or family you may wish to consider obtaining a group policy instead of individual insurance. This would mean that in the event of a complication arising, whether it be heart related or something else, either prior to or during your trip you will all be covered together. In other words if the trip was cancelled due to a previous heart condition everyone would be able to claim for cancellation, not just the person with the heart condition.
Flying after a heart attack
For information about traveling after a heart attack or bypass surgery, please click on the 'flying with a heart attack button' where you will be directed to a NHS webpage offering guidance. This is an external link and we cannot be held responsible for information provided.