Freedom Travel Insurance policies are designed to include cover for declared pre-existing medical conditions and will protect you, subject to policy terms and conditions, in the event of:
- Cancellation or Curtailment - Up to £3,000
- Medical Expenses & Repatriation - Up to £5,000,000
- Replacement of Lost Medication - Up to £200
- Baggage - Up to £1,500
- Personal Money - Up to £250 cash (£50 for under 16s) and up to £250 all other personal money and documents
- Single Article limit - £250
- Personal Accident - Up to £15,000
- Personal Liability - Up to £2,000,000
- Travel Delay - Up to £100
- Travel Disruption Cover is included as standard
- Policy Excess - £75
Help is never far away with our 24 Hour Medical Assistance helpline.
We base our quotes on your current medical status at the time of taking out your policy. Freedom Travel Insurance is underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations apply. Although we will try to offer a travel insurance solution to every applicant, we can't guarantee a quote for every circumstance.
MEDICAL TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR PEOPLE WITH PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Freedom Insurance specialise in providing medical travel insurance to people with pre-existing conditions including cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, heart conditions and many more. We aim to provide cover to protect you should an emergency arise on holiday.
We offer award-winning online customer service, rated by real customers, using a customer review platform called Feefo.
We base our quotes on your current medical status at the time of taking out your policy. If your medical circumstances change before you travel, provided you are still fit and well to travel there will be no additional price to pay. However, it’s a good idea to let us know. When your renewal is due we review your medical details again at which time there may be an impact on your renewal.
GET A QUOTE
We will do our best to provide cover for your medical condition.
Why Cover Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
It is especially important if you live with pre-existing medical conditions to make sure you are covered. Travel insurance is all about protecting you before and during your holiday. It can be easy to forget medical conditions that are well managed or have little impact on your daily living. Even if this is the case don’t forget to fully declare all of your pre-existing medical conditions and medication, we need to know your complete medical situation.
GET A QUOTE
Illness and accidents can be traumatic and expensive abroad, we provide cover up to £5,000,000 for medical expenses and repatriation.
Applying for Pre-Existing Medical Travel Insurance
Applying online for medical travel insurance is simple and confidential. If you feel that you need assistance with getting a quote, we offer online chat where you can talk to one of our travel insurance agents who will help guide you through the process.
To make sure that we provide you with comprehensive cover for your medical conditions, you will be asked a number of questions about your medical status. We use a medical risk assessment tool to enable us to provide you with a quote in minutes. From the information provided we will base our quotes on your current health status.
We cannot offer cover for:
- Anyone who is awaiting in-patient treatment, surgery, tests or investigations
- Those who intend to travel against the advice of a medical practitioner or would be if they sought his/her advice
- Those travelling with the intention of obtaining medical treatment abroad
- Those travelling to a country against the advice of the FCO visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for additional information
- Any trip that has already begun
- Anyone that is not a permanent resident of the UK and registered with a medical practitioner in the UK
- Any medical condition for which you have received a terminal prognosis
- Anyone who is currently refusing any prescribed medication.
GET A QUOTE