Thomas Cook Group, including the UK tour operator and airline, has ceased trading with immediate effect (announced approximately 2am 23/09/2019). All Thomas Cook bookings, including flights and holidays, have now been cancelled. There are currently more than 150,000 Thomas Cook customers abroad, almost twice the number that were repatriated following the failure of Monarch.
- Thomas Cook has ceased trading so all Thomas Cook flights are now cancelled
- Customers in the UK yet to travel must not go to the airport if their flight was due to be fulfilled by Thomas Cook
- UK Civil Aviation Authority to launch biggest ever peacetime repatriation
- Customers currently overseas should check thomascook.caa.co.uk for advice and only go to the airport once they have an alternative flight confirmed
- 24-hour helpline: 0300 303 2800 from the UK and Ireland and +44 1753 330 330 from overseas
If you’ve booked a package holiday with Thomas Cook
If you booked a package holiday with Thomas Cook
- Your trip will be ATOL protected and you should have received an ATOL certificate with your holiday, follow the directions on this to discuss options or make a claim.
If you booked flights only with Thomas Cook
- If you used a credit card to purchase your flight, you may be eligible for a refund so contact your card provider.
- EU Air Passenger Rights regulation may cover for flight cancellations or delay.
- We can only offer a refund for policies purchased within the last 14 days.
- We will transfer your insurance policy to new dates should you rearrange your travel plans with no admin fee, however the price of the insurance may change.
- For more information, call us on 01223 454 290.